WCAC Youth Theatre
WCAC Youth Theatre aims to provide high quality, educational and enjoyable drama experience for children and young people.
We do this by:
- Providing regular, age appropriate workshops
- Providing a safe environment where young people can explore role play, develop vocal and physical skills and participate in a group activity which is energetic and fun.
- Providing separate performance opportunities, where participants may be involved in different aspects of production including costume, lighting, sound and publicity.
- Making links with other related organisations to inform and develop the work
- Creating network and training opportunities for the facilitators and director to continually improve standards and quality.
West Cork Arts Centre’s Youth Theatre offers young people many opportunities to develop personal, social, educational and creative skills. Value is placed on social interaction and the process of creating within a group.
Contact 028 22090 for more info.
Bantry Youth Cafe – The Attic
The Attic Youth Café is located at the corner of Marino St and Barrack St in Bantry town. The youth café is a drop in facility for 14 -19 year olds. The youth café is open Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 3.30-7p.m Friday 3.30-11p.m and Saturday 6-11p.m. In the youth café there are loads of activities, computers, games, pool tables, you can help out behind the bar, relax or join the events committee or get involved in the many art projects that are carried out in the café throughout the year. The Attic caters to the needs of the young people in the are so if you want something to happen or to get involved in something please let us know and we will do our very best to make it happen!
Check out our bebo page here
Beara Youth Development Project
The Beara YDP aims to enable young people aged 10 - 21 years old from the Beara peninsula and Bere Island to involve themselves consciously and actively in their own development and in the development of the local community. Funded by Co Cork VEC and managed by Foróige, National Voluntary Youth Development Organisation, it provides a range of youth work services working directly with young people at individual, group and family levels, providing a variety of youth groups and activities.
Contact: Tina O'Callaghan or Gwen O'Donovan 027 - 71885
To find out more about foroige click here